PLEASE! USE CLEAN INDOOR SHOES
It is not allowed to enter the changing rooms, the gym or Stora-, Lilla-, Mellan-, Centrum- or Ovansalen with shoes that´s been used outside. You HAVE TO BRING clean shoes for indoor training, otherwise we won´t let you in.
Tickets to limited classes
We introduce the use of a ticketing machine for managing tickets for classes with limited space. You do not need to sign up in advance to attend classes, except for spinning and ORKA classes and all classes in ovansalen, where space is limited. Tickets for this classes are released 2 hours before each class. Get your ticket at our ticketstations. For workshops & special classes special rules may apply. How does it work?
Your membership card is personal. To get a discount when you buy a membership at Gerdahallen, you need a valid student ID (or letter of acceptance) from the University of Lund. You don’t need to bring a photo, we take your picture at location when you buy your membership. When you by a full membership (One year) or membership for strength training (Gym), you get access to an instructor free of charge, if you would want it.
Individual treatment, training and guidance by our certified physiotherapists. You do not need a prescription. Make an appointment at the reception desk. We also have group practice with focus on different areas. Our physiotherapists are responsible for senior strength training as well.
We have certified massage therapists working at Gerdahallen, seven days a week. You can make an appointment at the reception desk.
Students get a discount when they play on our two courts. To make an appointment, call or stop by the reception desk. Our tennis courts are indoors.
Exercise based on having fun and enjoying yourself. Comfortable, effective and good movements.
Use proper shoes for indoor sports. Specifically, the sole must be thick under the anterior part of your foot. Be aware that shoes lose their shock-absorbing ability after some time. Using old shoes is not to be recommended.
You do not need to sign up in advance to attend classes, except for spinning and ORKA classes and all classes in ovansalen, where space is limited. Tickets for this classes are released 2 hours before each class. For workshops & special classes special rules may apply.
Certain rules apply when cancelling booked times with our physiotherapists, strength trainers, massage therapists, etc. Please visit the menu to the left to see what rules apply for each activity.
Note that Gerdahallen closes 30 minutes after the weight rooms close for the day. Opening hours are available on the schedule and on the front page of our homepage.
Sauna for women
Changing rooms for women are available by Storasalen, Mellansalen and Lillasalen (note that the latter is a changing room for perfume allergies, therefore NO scented products may be used here).
Changing rooms for men are available by Stora salen, at the entrance to the weight room and by Lillasalen (note that the latter is a changing room for perfume allergies, therefore NO scented products may be used here).
Gerdahallen has changing rooms for those who are allergic to scented products. These changing rooms for both men and women are located in the hallway by Centrumsalen towards Lilla salen. In these changing rooms, the use of ALL kinds of scented products is prohibited.
Lost and Found
We collect all forgotten or turned in items at the reception desk. Note that water bottles, lingerie, beauty products and things that are broken are NOT saved. On the first Monday of each month Gerdahallen donates anything remaining in the lost and found to charity.
Rules and regulations for:
- Bring your own towel, which should be put aside when using the machines.
- Move to the side of the machine when resting between sets in order to allow others to use it.
- Use only shoes intended for indoor training.
- We ask you to wipe down the machines after use.
Gympa, step and aerobics:
- Use clean indoor training shoes.
- Place equipment in its designated area after usage.
- When running laps, keep to the outside if you want to run fast and keep to the inside if you want to run slow.
- Respect the silence during cool down and stretching.
- Place power bars on your mat when not using them.
- Bring your own towel and water bottle.
- Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time before the class begins to make appropriate adjustments to your bicycle.
- All bikes are equipped with SPD pedals but you may also use normal training shoes.
- Please wait until class is over before talking to others.
- Wear comfortable clothing and be barefoot. Remove any heavy or loose-sitting jewelry.
- It is very important that you arrive to class on time so as to allow for a relaxed and focused atmosphere in the yoga room.
- We encourage you to bring extra articles of clothing to put on to stay warm during deep relaxation.
- For hygienic reasons, please use your own boxing mitts (can be purchased at Gerdahallen).
Children at Gerdahallen:
- We have activities for families and children of different ages: mamma/pappa/baby gympa, family gympa and expecting mother's gympa.
- It is not allowed for children under the age of 18 to be present in the weight rooms.
- Children in the care of an adult must be kept under supervision and not interrupt classes.
- Children may participate in our group activities starting from age 12 by purchasing his or her own membership card.